You have asked and waited for it to return…the 24Hours of Oak Valley event is back in early 2020!
The twist is that the next event is only in 2022 so you need to make double sure that you don’t miss out on this one.
24 Hour racing is all about trail riding and camping overload. Dirtopia has been running these events since 2001 and sets up the perfect environment for you to spend the ultimate mountain bike weekend with friends and family. The Oak Valley venue lends itself perfectly to this format of racing with its large campsite and of course, the awesome trails surrounding it.
Your next decision is whether you’re doing this solo or will team up with mates to take on the challenge. Both options has it’s pro’s and con’s but note that we’ll be limiting solo entries to 150 riders to keep space on the course. The junior team competition is back, where we expect a big showdown between the schools.
Only pre-entries taken, so get your teams together and enter this awesome event. There will be food & drinks for sale and the ever-needed coffee stand. The venue is still a favourite with great facilities and beautiful scenery on the route and at the campsite and start/finish area! Solo riders are advised to get their entries in asap as they will fill up.
Dates: Saturday 1 February 2020 (12h00) – Sunday 2 February (12h00)
Venue: Oak Valley Estate, Elgin Valley, Grabouw, Western Cape
Format: Ride as many 11km laps as you want or can over 24hours. The trail will keep participants busy with singletrack and jeeptrack sections. The electronic live timing and checkpoints keeps control of the chaos.
CATEGORIES for the MTB Relay:
• Solo – One person that rides as much as he/she wants during the 24 hour period.
• Open (single sex) – team of 4 riders.
• Mixed – team of 4 riders (A mix of male and female riders). There must be at least one person from the opposite sex to qualify as a mixed team.
• Juniors – team of 5 riders. All under 18.
- OneFourZero – team of 4 riders. Collective age 140 years +.
- Fun category – teams of 5-8 riders.
E-bikes (see xtra rules that apply here):
- FUN-E class (5-8 riders M/F)
- E-Solo Solo Men or Woman
- PRO-E teams Open Fours teams M/F